- Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Country. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated. No purchase, payment of any kind, or online service subscription necessary to enter or win. Purchase will not improve an entry’s chance of winning. Entrants must be 18 or older and legal residents of the 50 U.S. states + DC or of Canada (excluding Province of Quebec). Void where prohibited.
- How To Enter: Contest begins at 8:00 AM Central Time on March 9th, 2020 and ends at 4:00 PM Central Time on July 13th, 2020 (the “Deadline Date”). To enter visit http://www.country-magazine.com/contests/ and follow the instructions. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number and email address (if you have one). Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
- Entrants will be able to submit photographs in 3 categories: Scenery, Recreation and Wildlife. Entrants will be required to tell us in at least 75 words why you chose this picture and the story and/or inspiration for your submission. Digital photos should be at least 5 MB in size with a maximum size of 25 MB, and 300 DPI. Eligible persons can submit as many entries as you like.Each submission must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting an entry for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees all right, title and interest in the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your submission and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.All photographs must be the original work of the entrant, or must have the photographer’s written permission authorizing contest entry. Written permission of the photographer must accompany submitted photographs at the time of entry into the contest. Photographs must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
All photographs of any child or children must have the permission of each child’s parent or legal guardian authorizing contest entry and the rights set forth above for use of the photo. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email requesting a minor photo release.
- Judging: All entries must meet the Contest requirements. A panel of Country staff members will review and select winners based on the following criteria:
- Originality: 10%
- Quality: 80%
- Personality: 10%
In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Quality category will determine the winner.
- Winners and Prizes: A total of 4 winners will be selected: One (1)
Grand Prize winner will be awarded $1,000; One (1) first place winner will be awarded $500; One (1) second place winner will be awarded $250; One (5) honorable mentions will be awarded $100 each. Sponsor and its licensees have the right to publish winners’ names, likenesses and story in future publications of Sponsor and its licensees and in related advertising and publicity materials. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any, are the winners’ responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners’ acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria. The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $2250.
- Selection of Winners: Winners will be determined and notified on or about August 15, 2020 by regular mail and/or email. Winners may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or they will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to alternate winners. In the event any winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate winners may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies and licensees (if any) to use winner’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of contestants anticipated for US and Canada is 1,000.
- Winners’ List/Consumer Information: If you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: Your Parks Photo Contest (#231), P.O. Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Winners’ list request must be received within one year of the Deadline Date.