Rural Photography Contest Rules
OFFICIAL 2014 PHOTO CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE, ONLINE SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: Contest is sponsored by Reiman Media Group, Inc., the Publisher of Country and a subsidiary of The Reader’s Digest Association, Inc. Contest is open to all U.S. and Canadian (excluding the Province of Quebec) residents who, at the time of entry, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the state, province or territory in which they reside. Employees of The Reader’s Digest Association or their affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to enter the contest or participate in voting. Contest is governed by the laws of the USA. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply (in the U.S. and Canada). Void where prohibited by law.
2. To enter: Entry for this Contest begins on Dec. 2, 2012, and ends on Dec. 1, 2013. There will be five consecutive Public voting periods, each beginning on or about the Country magazine mailing dates for the February/March (Animals Category), April/May (Scenery Category), June/July (People Category), August/September (Kids Category) and October/November (Grand Prize Voting) issues. Voting will last approximately five weeks per round. To enter, send us an unmounted 8×10 color photograph. On a separate piece of paper, print your name, street address, daytime telephone number and the category in which the photo is to be entered. The categories are Kids, Animals, Scenery and People. Include details about where the photo was taken, the people in it and your relationship to them, and any other information that would help us write a caption. Tape the paper to the back of the photo. Don’t write on the photo itself. Entries for the 2014 contest must be postmarked by Dec. 1, 2013. We cannot accept photos via email for this contest. Send all entries to 2014 Country Photo Contest, Country, 5400 S. 60th St., Greendale WI 53129. Photos received after the Dec. 1 deadline will be automatically entered in the following year’s contest. Limit six photos per person.
3. All entries become the property of Reiman Media Group, Inc. We don’t return contest entries, so be sure to send a duplicate print. Please note that prints made at home should be printed on glossy, premium photo stock. By submitting your photo for entry, you are granting permission to Reiman Media Group, Inc., its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees to use the photo and your name, hometown and state in all print and electronic media and to modify, reproduce and distribute the material in any medium and in any manner or appropriate place. The entry must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified.
4. Judging: The Country staff will choose four semifinalists in each category (16 in all), based on the photos’ originality (20%), quality (60%) and personality (20%). All entries will be judged using the criteria stated above. Judges’ decisions are final. The 16 semifinalists’ photos will be posted online at country-magazine.com on or about the Country magazine mailing dates for the February/March (Animals Category), April/May (Scenery Category), June/July (People Category), August/September (Kids Category) and October/November (Grand Prize Voting) issues. Voting will last approximately five weeks per round. Members of the public will be invited to review and vote for their favorite semifinalist in each category, one category at a time, either online or by mailing a postcard to: Country, 5400 S. 60th St., Greendale WI 53129. All public voting (rounds one through five) will be held between Feb. 1, 2014, and Dec. 15, 2014. The semifinalist entrants with the most votes in each category will be deemed the four finalists. Once the four finalists are determined, another public vote will be held to determine the Grand Prize Winner. The public vote for the Grand Prize Winner will occur in or about October 2013. Voting will be accomplished by voting online at country-magazine.com or by mailing a postcard to Country, 5400 S. 60th St., Greendale WI 53129. The finalist submission to receive the most votes during the final voting process will be the Grand Prize Winner. Limit one vote per person per voting round. If any votes are suspected to originate from a person who has already submitted a vote in the same given round, all votes but the first one received will be disqualified. Any entrant suspected of submitting multiple votes or using any automated or multiple voting mechanism will be disqualified from the contest. All decisions are in the judges’ sole discretion, and could affect the final standings prior to announcement.
In the event of technical difficulties or other issues, voting dates are subject to change without notice.
5. For the 2014 contest, the following prizes will be awarded: The sixteen (16) category semifinalists will each receive a $100 cash prize, the four (4) finalists will each receive an additional $200 cash prize and the one (1) Grand Prize Winner will also receive a check for $1,000. Neither the Sponsor(s) nor their affiliates or subsidiaries will be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of Winner’s acceptance or use of the prize. All prizes will be awarded by Dec. 31 of the contest year.
6. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, semifinalists, finalists and/or Grand Prize Winner will be selected based on entries received to date of termination. In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Reader’s Digest will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Reader’s Digest and its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest.
7. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be in violation of civil and criminal laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the promotion. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys’ fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
8. Total number of contestants anticipated nationwide is 4,000.
9. Consumer Information: If you wish to receive a list of prizewinners, or have any questions about the Contest, specify your request and send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Country, 5400 S. 60th St., Greendale WI 53129.