Barn Pictures: Barns of the West

Scenic pictures and landscape photography of barns located in the western United States.

Trees budding out in spring near an old barn.

Barn Pictures: Barns of the West

I spotted signs of spring, including budding trees, near my neighbor’s rustic barn in Tollhouse, California. Photography by Bonnie Buus.

White barn located in Park City, Utah.

Barn Pictures: Barns of the West

In Park City, Utah, the McPolin farm includes this beautiful white barn, built in 1908, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Photography by Melanie Decker.

Historic barn in Park County, Colorado.

Barn Pictures: Barns of the West

A gold mining engineer built this rustic barn in Park County, Colorado. Photography by Linda Lewis.

T.A. Moulton barn in Grand Teton National Park.

Barn Pictures: Barns of the West

While visiting Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming at dawn, the T.A. Moulton Barn took my breath away. Photography by John Hoepfner.

Red barn in front of buttes on Wyoming ranch.

Barn Pictures: Barns of the West

This historic red barn overlooks buttes in Lance Creek, Wyoming. Built in 1914, it sits on the Cross A Ranch. Photography by Jill Shoop.

Rustic wood barn in Wallowa County, Oregon.

Barn Pictures: Barns of the West

This old barn in Wallowa County, Oregon, is a testament to its quality construction. Photography by David Beck.

Restored old barn at sunset in San Antonio.

Barn Pictures: Barns of the West

The sunset gave this old barn in San Antonio, Texas, a beautiful glow. Photography by Christian Coffman.

John Moulton Barn at dawn in Grand Teton National Park.

Barn Pictures: Barns of the West

This is the barn settler John Moulton built on Mormon Row in Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park. Photography by Wende Barker.

Related posts:

Sarah Metzger July 12, 2012 at 5:18 pm

I love to see pictures of old barns and old churches.

Veda June 14, 2013 at 7:24 pm

I do too. I find many pictures I have painted. I haven’t painted since I broke my leg in Feb. I have been looking thru COUNTRY and found several pictures I want to sketch and/or paint. I am really going to enjoy making up my mind which one I am going to do first.

Jim McCall July 12, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Folks, I’ve found…in seven short miles…North of Mohler, Idaho, in Lewis County…eight gorgeous old Barns that will show you just what has been done to maintain History for all of us, for all time, as they are all covered with metal, so they can and will stay the way they are now…forever! I’d be glad to help you find this gravel road, just off the Craigmont to Nezperce road [that is paved]! I’d take pictures of them and send them to you…but don’t have the talent nor the equipment for this fine stretch of West-Central Idaho farm county! It bears North and takes you down a breath-taking ascent to a Peck, Idaho…the town that was originally planned to have the first railroad built up into the Delightful Camas Prairie! The land falls away and you can see clear over to Montana and The Bitteroots! And that’s a fer piece from Mohler and these Barns! Come see them or have someone take the trip with us! Well worth your time, Honest! “Jolly” Jim McCall, The Orofino Oaf!

owen single August 18, 2013 at 3:21 am

Are these barns anywhere near yellowstone,i will be visiting there and would love to photograph some old barns.

Diane Bruso July 12, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I agree with Sarah! I’d like to go one farther tho… Old school houses are pretty neat too! I would LOVE to be able to afford one of the barns, churches or schoolhouses & make it into a home!!!!
    (A lot of these “barns” far “outshine” my current house!!!! (I’d move into some without doing anything to them! :-)

Roopali Test January 28, 2013 at 6:26 am

Lovely!

Roopali Test January 28, 2013 at 6:30 am

Amazing photos! :)

MaryAnne Vandal November 26, 2014 at 4:54 pm

This barn caught my eye because it blended into the country scene so well.