Join the Country team as a volunteer member of our Field Editors program!
Volunteers Field Editors are important ambassadors for our magazine.
We will look to our volunteer Field Editors to:
- Submit gorgeous photos and heartfelt stories about your country life.
- Be active in our online conversations—share and comment on stories and photos on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
- Spread the word. Get your friends, family and neighbors involved with Country.
Here’s what it takes to be a part of the Country volunteer Field Editors:
- Passion for the Country brand. Friends must be regular readers and believe in our magazine and what it stands for—sharing personal stories with a community of readers who connect to country values.
- Mutual respect. Field Editors are the best representation what makes our magazine so great, so they need to be respectful of the guidelines.
- Open dialogue and communication. We count on our Field Editors to let us know what we are doing right and what you think we can do to make a better magazine experience.
- Willingness to spread the word. Our Field Editors inspire us with the pictures and stories they share, and we need them to help us find readers like them to introduce to Country magazine.
This is what we would like you to do as a volunteer member of the Field Editors:
- Submit three different ideas each year. They could be:
- Short, true personal essays about country life
- Enter an image into one of our photo contests
- Tips or leads about an inspiring person or organization, a feature subject (such as a country church or charming small town), scenic drive or rural travel destination
- “Follow” our Facebook and Instagram page.
- Share at least one Country post per month to your own social media accounts.
- Be an active participant in the private Country Field Editors Facebook group. Make new connections with other Field Editors who share the same passion for country life!
- Show off your favorite features from our magazines, books and other products to friends, family members and others you meet.
- Provide a recent photo of yourself.
As a thank-you for your time, if you are selected to be a volunteer Field Editor, we’ll offer you:
- A free subscription to Country magazine.
- Occasional books and other products as they are available.
- Our enthusiastic thanks—we love our Field Editors.
Here’s how to apply:
Fill out the Country Volunteer Field Editors application form below. We will notify you if you are selected.