1. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Country. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
2. How To Enter: Contest begins at 9:00am Central Time on July 19, 2019 and ends at 3:00pm Central Time on November 15, 2019 (the “Deadline Date”). To enter visit http://www.country-magazine.com/contests and follow the instructions. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number and email address (if you have one). Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
3. Entrants will be able to submit photographs in 4 categories: Animals, Scenery, People and Kids. Entrants will be required to tell us in at least 75 words why you chose this picture and the story and/or inspiration for your submission. Digital photos should be at least 5 MB in size with a maximum size of 25 MB, and 300 DPI. Eligible persons can submit as many entries as they like.
All entries become the property of Sponsor. Each submission must be the original work of entrant and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other rights of any person or entity. By submitting your photo for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees all right, title and interest in the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your photo and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to crop, edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
All photographs of any child or children must have the permission of each child’s parent or legal guardian authorizing contest entry and the rights set forth above for use of the photo. Sponsor may contact you via phone or email requesting a minor photo release.
4. Judging: All entries must meet the Contest requirements. A panel of Country staff members will review and select 4 Category Winners and 1 Grand Prize Winner (from among the 4 Category Winners) based on the following criteria:
- Originality: 20%
- Quality: 60%
- Personality: 20%
In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Quality criterion will break the tie. The Category Winners and the Grand Prize Winner may have their submission featured in the February/March 2020 issue of Country and/or posted on its website and in other media.
5. Winners and Prizes: A total of 4 Category Winners and 1 Grand Prize Winner will be selected to receive prizes. The four Category Winners will each receive $100. The Grand Prize Winner, chosen from the four Category Winners will receive an additional $1,000. Sponsor and its licensees have the right to publish winners’ names, likenesses, submissions and stories in future publications of Sponsor and its licensees and in related advertising and publicity materials. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor. All taxes, if any, are the winners’ responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners’ acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria. The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $1,400.00.
6. Selection of Winners: All Category Winners and Grand Prize Winner will be determined and notified on or about November 29, 2019 by regular mail and/or email. Category Winners and Grand Prize Winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility, Publicity Release and, if applicable, Payment Authorization, within 14 days of prize notification attempt or they will be disqualified and any prize may be awarded to alternate winners. In the event any winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and alternate winners may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies (if any) to use winner’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
8. No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
9. Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of contestants anticipated for US and Canada is 2,000.
10. Winners’ List/Consumer Information: If you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request and write to: Country Life Photo Contest (#088) Mailing List, PO Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to Country Life Photo Contest (#088) Winner List, P.O. Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Winners’ list request must be received within one year of the Deadline Date.