Country “If Only They Could Talk” Caption Contest (#054)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The “If Only They Could Talk” Caption Contest (#054) is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC, the publisher of Country magazine (“Sponsor”). Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Central Time on May 25, 2017 and ends at 4:00 p.m. Central Time on July 20, 2017 (the “Contest Deadline Date”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to persons age 18 and older who are legal residents of the United States, its territories and possessions, or of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its affiliated or subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and immediate family members and members of the same household (whether related or not) of such persons, are not eligible. Contest is void in the Province of Quebec and where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated. All applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO ENTER: You can enter this Contest via the Internet. Please go to country-magazine.com/contests and follow the online entry instructions. To enter successfully you must fill in the online entry form including your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number, and email address (if you have one). If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Please fill in all requested information completely. Sponsor is the official time-keeper for the Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
Come up with a clever caption that makes you chuckle in 25 words or less. The caption must not be lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous or otherwise inappropriate, offensive or objectionable, as determined by the judges and/or Sponsor in their sole and absolute discretion. Any such entries will be disqualified. The entry must be the original work of entrant and not previously published, and the entry must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and Sponsor has the right to use, and authorize others to use, all entries in any and all print and electronic media, now or hereafter existing, without time limitation, and to edit them for brevity and clarity.
- JUDGING OF CAPTIONS: All entries must meet the Contest requirements. A panel of Country staff members will review and select 1 winner based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: 20%
- Originality: 20%
- Personality: 60%
In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Personality category will be determined the winner.
Decisions of the judges are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- PRIZE: One (1) prize winner will receive a one-year subscription to Country magazine. The approximate Retail Value (ARV) of the prize is $10.00. The prize is not transferable, and cannot be assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates or subsidiaries will be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize. The prize is guaranteed to be awarded assuming a sufficient number of entries meeting the minimum judging criteria is received.
- SELECTION OF WINNER:Winner will be selected within five business days of the Contest Deadline Date and notified by email and/or regular mail within 14 days of selection. Winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release within 14 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event winner is a minor in his or her state of residence all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies (if any) to use the winner’s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
- CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. Sponsor is not liable for any malfunctions or failures of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer, mobile or any other device and/or its contents related to or resulting from participation or downloading/uploading any materials relating to this Contest, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest at any time for any reason. In such a circumstance, winner may be selected based on entries received to date of termination. Sponsor also reserves the right to modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received and/or an insufficient number of entries meet the minimum judging criteria.
In the event that two similar entries are received, only the entry judged to best meet criteria as set by Sponsor will be included in the final judging. Entrants agree to indemnify Sponsor, its affiliated and subsidiary companies from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Contest. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
- NO RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL OR OTHER PROCEDURES/SEVERABILITY: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- ANTICIPATED NUMBER OF ENTRANTS: The total number of entrants anticipated is 100.
- CONSUMER INFORMATION: Sponsor may share customer information about you with reputable companies in order for them to offer you products and services of interest to you. If you would rather we not share information, wish to receive a list of winners, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Sponsor, specify your request in writing to If Only They Could Talk (#054), PO Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Request for list of winners must be received within one year of the Contest Deadline Date.